The getting of wisdom
As we age, some people see only lines and grey hair, rather than the stories, feelings, experiences, and beliefs which make us who we are.
There’s a lot we can do right now to connect to what matters to us, and the following links offer a wealth of insights, ideas, and information ...
- Nine Guidelines for Aging with Wisdom ...
1. Rejoicing in the blessings we still have.
2. Letting go of our struggle with life.
3. Accepting change and loss.
4. Seeing beauty in old age.
5. Cultivating lightness and humour.
6. Deepening awareness through meditation or prayer.
7. Opening to the unknown.
8. Making friends with death.
9. Cultivating the life of the spirit.
- Healthy Aging Quiz
- See Me. Know Me
- Meaningful Aging Australia
- COTA (Council of the Aging) Victoria
- Seniors Rights Victoria
- Beyond Blue's Getting Older page for information and resources on anxiety and depression
- Faith in Later Life
- Faith in Older People