Empowering young people : nurturing the leaders of tomorrow
Young people are the dynamic torchbearers of innovation, creativity, and change. We recognise their immense potential, energy, and vision, and seek to to help them thrive in an ever-evolving landscape, exploring their experiences, aspirations, and concerns.
- Mindful Gnats. Techniques to help young people cope with everyday stress. An effective method of relaxation. Step-by-step instruction on paced breathing.
- Kids Helpline
- The Good the Bad & the Ugly. Advice and stories for young people. From VicHealth.
- WOAH (What's OK at home?) from the Domestic Violence Resource Centre.
- Safe & Equal (previously the Domestic Violence Resource Centre Victoria DVRCV) helps people understand what family violence is, why it happens, how to recognise it, and how to help others who are experiencing it. There are classes for people who work with victims and survivors of family violence, as well as professionals who work to prevent violence from happening.
- ARC a free app from Safe & Equal (previously the Domestic Violence Resource Centre), enabling people experiencing family violence to identify patterns of behaviour which make them feel scared, unsafe, undermined, or intimidated. Experiences can also be recorded, help explain situations to a friend, family member, or support service, or provide key information to police or in court.