Who we are
Bethel Centre counsellors’ experience, knowledge, and expertise guide clients through the healing process. Our clients look to Bethel as a place where their truth can be heard in their faith and spirituality.
In partnership with clients, we explore varied approaches to help build relationships and a positive outlook on life.
Bethel Centre offers a warm and non-threatening space. We support clients to feel safe, believed, understood, and nurtured, as they move beyond their hurt, and embark on a journey of healing.
As an independent service of the Uniting Church Synod Victoria Tasmania, Bethel understands the sacred need to protect and maintain confidentiality. To ensure independence …
- Bethel is located in its own premises, enabling a respectful distance from Synod.
- A council of elected members supports and oversees the operation of the service.
To support individuals, congregations, and the church to lead enhancement of spiritual and psychological wellbeing.
To support our mission, Bethel Centre abides by three key principles:
- Non-violence of any kind.
- Respect for difference.
- Cherishing mistakes as opportunities to learn.
Our values & purpose
At Bethel Centre, we uphold our values when supporting all with whom we work. We demonstrate:
- Empathy. Endeavouring to share another’s feelings or experience by imagining what it would be like to be in that situation.
- Acceptance. Celebrating diversity across all cultural backgrounds.
- Honesty. Being authentic and transparent.
- Self-care. Prioritising mental, spiritual, and physical wellbeing.