A SERVICE WITH A HEART
independent | professional | completely confidential
Bethel is here to help
Our professional counsellors Julie McDonald and Wendy Driscoll are delighted to offer brief wellbeing check-ins, in addition to traditional counselling sessions. To suit your needs, we will connect by ‘phone or online (Zoom), as well as face-to-face.
Do stay connected
Call us on 03 9859 8700 to see how we can help.
Welcome to the Bethel Centre
What we do
Free of charge :
- Counselling one-to-one
- Wellbeing check-ins
- Support groups for emerging concerns
Priced by negotiation :
- Workshops tailored to meet emerging concerns
We work with
- Lay ministers
- Congregation members
- Church Council members
We help with
Issues of misuse of power in the church, including :
- Self-care to support wellbeing and resilience.
- Conflict and communication difficulties.
- Resolving mental, emotional, physical, sexual, or spiritual hurt, stress, or trauma.
- Providing a space to explore your spirituality in relationship to the hurt.
- Support for those who have been accused of perpetrating abuse.
Our aim is to offer support at the earliest opportunity to minimise unnecessary distress.
What people say about us
“It’s been really helpful … I had not thought about self-care for myself in all of this.”
“It’s been wonderful to be in a safe space to talk honestly about how I am travelling … A week ago, I thought I’d fall into a heap, and today things are so much better.”
“I would not have been able to do this without you. Having you there as a sounding board and your presence have helped me get through necessary but very difficult conversations. I didn’t have anyone else who could have provided me with this support. I cannot thank you enough for what you have done. Please pass this on.”
“My experience at Bethel is always a safe one … I can say that, without a doubt, I have never felt judged, but rather welcomed each week.”
We welcome self-referrals, or referrals from concerned others.
- On-site in our welcoming comfortable rooms
- Online via Zoom or Skype
- By phone
- Other, by negotiation