Sexual abuse / assault / exploitation
- CASA Centre against Sexual Assault
- Sexual Assault Crisis Line
- The Royal Women’s Hospital
- SAMSN Survivors & Mates Support Network for men
- Domestic Violence Victoria
- Family Violence Counselling & Support Service Tasmania
- Department of Human Services
- Safe Steps
- White Ribbon Australia
- WIRE Women’s Information Referral Exchange
- Woah from the Domestic Violence Resource Centre DVRC
- ARC free app from the Domestic Violence Resource Centre (see Young people & parents page on this website)
Experiencing out-of-home care
The Alliance for Forgotten Australians AFA promotes the interests of the estimated 500,000 people known as Forgotten Australians, who experienced institutional or other out-of-home care as children and young people in the last century in Australia, many of whom suffered physical, emotional and/or sexual abuse while in ‘care’.
Beacon House is a team of professional, warm, and highly experienced chartered psychologists, psychotherapists, and occupational therapists. We provide a wide range of mental health assessments and effective therapies for children and young people, adults, and families who are experiencing mental health difficulties, emotional and behavioural challenges, and relationship conflict, with a special interest in repairing the effects of trauma and attachment disruption.
National Centre of Excellence for Complex Trauma
Empowering recovery from complex trauma, and building resilience for the one in four Australian adults who experience the impacts of complex trauma.