Who We Are
At Bethel Centre, our counsellors’ knowledge and expertise guide clients through the healing process. All our clients have strong faith and spirituality, and look to Bethel as a place where they can speak their truth and be heard. Together with clients, we work to find different approaches that can help build relationships and a positive outlook on life. Bethel Centre offers a warm and non-threatening space. We support clients to feel safe, believed, understood and nurtured as they move beyond the hurt, and embark on a journey of healing.
To support individuals, congregations and the wider church to navigate a way in which they can lead change, improve their spiritual wellbeing and psychological wellbeing.
To support our mission Bethel Centre abides by three key principles:
- Non-violence of any kind
- Respect for difference
- Cherish mistakes as opportunities to learn
Our Values and Purpose
At Bethel Centre we firmly believe in our values and uphold them when supporting all who we work with. We demonstrate:
- Empathy – endeavouring to share another’s feelings or experience by imagining what it would be like to be in that situation
- Acceptance – celebrating diversity in people across all cultural backgrounds
- Honesty – the ability to be authentic and transparent
- Self-care – ensuring that well-being (mentally, spiritually and physically) is a priority
Our counsellors possess a broad range of skills in providing professional and expert advise, and consultations for individuals and congregations.
Bethel Coordinator / Counsellor
- Masters in Creative Arts Therapy (Melbourne Institute Experiential and Creative Arts Therapy)
- Member of Australian Creative Arts Therapy Association
Julie’s expertise includes treating trauma through Creative Arts Therapy and counselling.
Educator / Counsellor
- Masters of Social Science (Human Services – Counselling)
- Diploma of Community Services (Mental Health)
- Member of Australian Counselling Association
Mim’s areas of interest include psychological recovery, addiction recovery and persona development.
- Diploma in Frontline Management and Business Management
- Graduate Certificate in Public Relations
Jo has many years of experience working in administrative roles in the corporate and not-for-profit sectors.