independent | professional | confidential
03 9859 8700
The Bethel Centre offers quality counselling, care, and support for individuals, families, and congregations within or connected to the Uniting Church Synod of Victoria & Tasmania.
We support healing for hurt experienced through your participation in church life, advocating for reconciliation wherever possible.
People come to Bethel when they feel …
- Burnt out
- Without hope
Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
We contribute to …
- Prevention of harm.
- Promotion and maintenance of resilience and wellbeing.
- Connection and communication.
- Timely respectful response to crisis situations and experiences.
A safe place
Bethel is located in Balwyn North in a beautiful old Californian bungalow, and offers a safe place where all are greeted with warmth and hospitality. Before or after your appointment, you can relax in the lounge, browse the library, or enjoy the garden.
It can be hard to talk about situations in which harm has occurred. Bethel’s staff members understand this, and ensure …
- Confidentiality for all who attend.
- The opportunity to explore spirituality in relation to hurt.
- Sensitivity to trauma, abuse, and misuses of power, whether emotionally, physically, sexually, or spiritually.
- The opportunity to explore personal and collective use of power in the broad context, avoiding judgement and blame.
When I step over the threshold to experience what lies behind the façade, I find intelligent concern, perceptive wisdom, and healing conversation. And laughter! The place is welcoming without being suffocating, generous without being demanding, and respectful without encroaching.
My experience at Bethel is always a safe one … I can say that, without a doubt, I have never felt judged, but rather welcomed each week.
We encourage referrals from individuals or concerned others. Needs will be discussed at the first appointment.